No-scale Pizza for Lazy Girls
17 Jan 2015
It's our first Saturday with nothing to do. We decided to stay at home after a week of commuting to Bandung. We've been super lazy since morning. We stayed in bed for hours, but when we finally got up, I decided to make a pizza. But since we don't have kitchen scale (our kitchen still lacks a lot of stuff), I had to improvise. I made two attempts in making this pizza; the first one failed miserably (though still edible) but the second one was perfect. Trust me.
What we need:
For the dough
- 9 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoons of dry yeast
- 1/3 small glass of warm water
For the topping
- 3 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce
- 2 slices of burger meat; cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 onion; sliced into pieces
- 1/2 potato; cut into small cubes
- grated cheese
- Put the flour into a medium-sized bowl. Add salt and stir. Make a small crate at the center of the mix.
- Add the dry yeast to the warm water and stir. Put them into crate on the mix and add cooking oil.
- Mix them all with your clean hands and then start kneading for about 15 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky to the bowl and to your hands.
- Leave the dough in the bowl for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, you'll notice that the dough is bigger now. Punch it as hard as you can, but make sure not to break the bowl.
- Leave the dough in the bowl for about one to two hours.
- Fry the burger meat and the potato cubes for 3 minutes. Dry them and set aside.
- Prepare your baking pan. Put some flour (not too much) on its base so the pizza will not stick.
- After two hours, put the dough into the baking pan. Spread it with your fingers so the dough cover all the pan's surface. Don't make it too thin or the pizza will be hard; don't make it too thick either or the pizza will not be baked well. About 1 cm is better.
- Pre-heat your oven at 220C for about 20 minutes.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce on the dough. Put burger meat slices on top of it, followed by the potato cubes and onion. Lastly, cover them all with grated cheese.
- Put it into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese start to look brown.
- Slice and enjoy the pizza with a bottle of coke. Nothing beats pizza + coke combo.
Now, let us continue lazing around.